The Reaperman

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Conversations with a girl

You see the thing about eid and bhora's is very simple. For instance, if i were to ask you what day xmas is..you would 25th of december right. Similarly the first and last day of ramazan (which is a month) is always the 1st and 30th of the month of ramazan. and we cannot fast more or less than 30 fasts. The muslims follow a lunar calender, unlike the rest of the world which fllows a christian calender which follows the phases of the sun...anyway of rsome inexplicable reason, the majority of muslims believe that they have to look for the moon to begin and end the month. So what happens is the sky is cloudy???? Therefore what invariably happens is that although the bhoras begin the fast on the 1st of ramazan, sometime the muslims do not always begin on the same day, unless they see the moon. that means that when we end, the muslims have one more to go. Therefore my eid was on monday and the rest of muslims eid was on tuesday...comprende?

On the day of eid, we go to mosque at 5.00 am. then we pray all morning. After that everyone wishes everyone. Then we have the most looked forward breakfast of the year. Roast chicken, strings, roti, pol sambol, bread, cream and this thing which is call 'maal pulaw' which is like sweet pancakes. Then we have a 'paya' curry. Which is a curry of all wird parts of goats...like the hooves, and bones etc. The menu has not changed for ever

I began going to the gym...for a very very short burst of pumping iron. The plan is to run afterwards, but cuz of the weather and work, i have still not been able to run yet.
I do know that i have put on wieght, but not that critically. But i want to be careful cuz i don't want to become fatter, cuz once you start i know you cant stop. And the way i eat, i am surprised i am not already 2 tons...!!!

I had an accident!!!! Damn. My first one ever. I was not concetrating, cuz it was bumper to bumper traffic and i was on auto pilot. The rain was really heavy and it was dark and stormy nite. All of a sudden a big pick up bore down on me and i heard a sickening thump. Its fender had knocked in my left front light. My car looks like a one eye jack. As if it has got a black eye and been in a bad fight. So i got down from the car. It was an old lawer uncle type who owned the jeep. He was cool about things. But the woman he wa with was trying to make a good fuss. I said i do not want to make this an issue and if are ok to sort the cost yourself, i will do the same and drove off. I frankly hate all the trouble of going to the cop shed and involving cops and causing an unncessarily traffic jam. I would rather pay money and sort it out than going to so much trouble. so today i called my car renter and he said he will send some one. I probably will have to pay a large amount of money now :( I hope not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home