The Reaperman

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Conversations with a girl

Sept 20

CAme back from a mind numbing meeting where the CEO of mobitel goes on and on and on. Its torute. Where he can finish in 1 hour, he makes it 2. Seriously men, metgs are the most un productive things in the world.

Tonight is the farewell of michael at office. Cuz he is leaving us and joining another company. I have to give a speecha nd a few of us have to do something to him. I think its silly that we have to do something to put him on the spot. If anyone did thta to me, i wld hate it. But anyway we are going to strip him and dress him up as a girl. come to think about it, he mite actually like it. ha ha ha. I also have to give a speech. But i will really really miss him. (in case yo didnt realise it, this is gratiano)

I was to go with dininda to the bradby. But he has still not firmed up the plans. Now i am worried that it won't happen. Must give him a call tomorrw. I would like to go, just to see it at least once. I thought you would go running up on friday....

My mum is coming friday afternoon. I'll give the car to my bro and try an borrow his bike. Ha ha. That would be cool cuz he has a bike that is a fake harley. One of those cool big bikes. Can't wait. Esp to see what my sis has sent for me. I told her to bring lots of food. I love indian food.

Speaking of food. Last nite's food was yum. Simple and amazing. i'' try and describe it to you but will bet that you would never have tasted some of it. First was custard with jelly and ice cream. Then we had something called ravo. This is pronounced like bravo without the b. It is basically "rulan" cooked with jaggery. I like to mix sweet and savoury. So i eat it with a curry. It is amazing. love it. Then we had "dhall, chaval, paleedu" Basmati rice with parippu and chicken masala. The dhal and chicken (dry, but spiced up) is in the bottom layer, and the top layer is plain rice. Then we have a curry called paleedu. It is basically a snake gourd (i think) curry. Finally we had a side dish of "channa Batetha'. It is basically boiled gram with potatoes whiched are spiced up with a bit of tamarind juice concentrate for flavour. The best thing about the food was that my bro did 'dhungar' for it. That means that say for example the rice is put in a big metal container. We make a small hollow in the middle and lower into it a small metal cup that contains a couple of live coals which are smoking. Once that is in place, we pour a bit of ghee over the hot coals so that you get a hell of a lot of smoke. AS this happens, we cover up the container and put a weight on it so that no smoke leaves. Leave that cover for about 10 minutes or less. Once its done the flavour of the smoke gets into the food and the taste becomes divine. It is really amazing flavour.
Do you get what i'm saying?

ME

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home