The Reaperman

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Day 1 at Leo

Friday the 23rd September 2005

· Woke up at 7.30 with only a word from bhen. Not bad no. See I can wake up if I want to and when I want to.

· Left at 8.30 and took a bus to work. I absolutely did not understand what the conductor rattled on. Held out the coins I had and he took 5/- Told my I need to get down at Lower Parale. Asked a neighbour to tell me the spot to get down. I was looking out for the Sheraton towers, but then they passed. Oops. Apparently I should have gotten down at the previous stop. But no worries. I had a good walk. Passes a petrol shed with a sign “pure for sure”. What was funny was that above this, they had a picture of an ok sign that look hilariously like the Preethi Logo.

· I was really early at work at 9.15 cuz no one I knew were there (Ajeeta, Anita or Rajeev). So sat down at the table and read papers. The office is next to the MTV office (lots of eye exercise in the evening I was told) and behind the Gray office. It’s a nice and quiet neighborhood. Very much like a large hall divided up by tables and small partitions. There are 2 carem boards in the centre and a pool table on the side where there is also a TV that is always on. There are separate people you call who will bring you your printouts and photocopies and your tea of B’fast from the kitchen downstairs. They have a great canteen where fresh food is made and who aroma wafts upstairs in the morning.

· Finally every one arrives by 10.30. Was given a brand book to read by Rajeev and my first assignment. Yasmin was there and that was really fun. Also met a bhora called Feroze.

· Lunch was unforgettable. Me, Ajeeta and Rajeev went to the Sheraton towers for a 5 star lunch/buffet. Had a mix of Indian and Sushi!!! This cost a pretty 575 INS. That’s a hell of a lot, even by Sri Lankan standards for lunch.

· In the afternoon, I went to get my phone card. Was a bit pissed off with myself cuz I bought the card without checking the prize. I paid 430 for it when I was looking for a 200/- card.

· In the evening, I took the bus back home again. I really should learn to read the numbers, cuz they make absolutely no sense to me. I could have gone home at 5.30, but I stuck around till 6.45 trying to get my USB port to work with the help of the IT guys and searching for documents from the network. Didn’t get a chance to play pool with any of the boys yet.

· Took the bus back, but missed the stop. Was in a long traffic jam with the horns blaring continuously when I realized that I should have reached home and that I should have asked someone. Was told that Mazgoan (where I stay) is long past. So I got down in this really crowed area and began walking back. Passed bhindi bazaar and the roza. It took me about ½ and hour. When I came to a spot I recognized, I treated myself to a sugar cane juice for 2/-

· Later Huzi bhai told me that I should ask them to make it fresh for me and not add any water or ice. The street food is really tempting. Went to sleep watching a movie…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home