The Reaperman

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bargain crazy

Saturday the 24th of September 2005

· Woke up where I had been sleeping the last nite…in the hall. Spent the morning doing fuck all. Did a bit of reading etc. and went back to sleep till lunch.

· Was itching to go out, but had to wait till bhen was ready to take muru to Madrasa at 3.00. Took the bike then to Huzi bhai’s shop (Ahmed and Company) in Lohar Chawl near crawford market. Again very similar to Pettah. Different streets sell different products…from belts, kurta’s, electric items, stationary, etc.

· Took short cut to tailors and got myself nicely measured up :)

· Now have to go into thru this tiny doorway into an amazing cloth bazaar to by my cloths. Its called Mangal Das. And was a cloth paradise. Both other stuff, belt, stationary etc. Bhen went to pick muri and take him for Karate and dropeed me near Xavier college. It was now about 6.00

· Walked to fashion street. This is a bargain joint to the max. I think I got suckered into buying an Osho slipper when I should have checked around a bit more. Anyway, not too big a deal, cuz its nice anyway. Bought a kurta top for gift and this was from a no bargain shop and it was quite a relief.

· Went on towards Church gate station. Big, nice old building. Walked right in to the trains itself. No one would have stopped me. A separate carriage exists for ladies only. Also a coin dispenser is a cool gadget there. You slip in a Ghandhi picture carrying note and it spits out coins. Went back to Huzi’s shop and he took me on his bike back home. That was a really cool ride. As bad, if not worse than going on the trailer bike with Ranil Nalawansa. What a roler coaster ride. My eyeballs ended up at the back of my head

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home